JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Employed vs. Self Employed Revision History (2 edits)
Employed vs. Self Employed
i would like to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of being self employed and being employed by some reputed company. what factors should we consider when deciding should we accept a job or go for establishing a small business. Also kindly mention the kind of businesses a computer engineer can go for.
Recently a friend of mine developed an automation tool using excel while making a small software for a company, via a website. And then within 45 days that software got him over $3000 and he continues to earn more.

What i want to have a discussion on, is, what are the advantages and disadvantages of being self employed and being employed by some reputed company. what factors should we consider when deciding should we accept a job or go for establishing a small business. Also kindly mention the kind of businesses a computer engineer can go for.
Recently a friend of mine developed an automation tool using excell while making a small software for a company, via a website. and then within 45 days that software got him over $3000 and he continues to earn more. what i want to have a discussion on, is, what are the advantages and disadvantages of being self employed and being employed by some reputed company. what factors should we consider when deciding should we accept a job or go for establishing a small business. also kindly mention the kind of businesses a computer engineer can go for.