JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Google Code Jam. Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by athenachu71)
As I was saying in my previous message, the VP basically made an open-ended offer of employement to everyone there. There was still an interview process, but your coding skill (based upon looking at your TC rating) is probably more than enough.

I believe one of the article about the India CodeJam actually stated something to the effect that Google would have hired any of the onsite participants.

Edit: (adding more)

Thinking back to my phone interview last year (I did not pursue any further, for various reasons), the questions were about algorithms and data structures, and were intended to see how I would think through a problem. I actually didn't think I did very well, but apparently I did just fine.

Following the CodeJam, you should have one or more contacts you can get in touch with directly, that you can send your resume to.
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by athenachu71)
As I was saying in my previous message, the VP basically made an open-ended offer of employement to everyone there. There was still an interview process, but your coding skill (based upon looking at your TC rating) is probably more than enough.

I believe one of the article about the India CodeJam actually stated something to the effect that Google would have hired any of the onsite participants.