JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Marathon Matches Marathon Match 96: GarlandOfLights Post your approach Revision History (1 edit)
Post your approach
It seems that the competition is over, but no one is posting their approach.

I didn't compete, because I couldn't find an effective method for creating loops. Although I did find a decent method for creating long paths. I used simulated annealing with local-level scoring. You get a point if there are two adjacent tiles whose paths match and colours differ. The task is to maximise the total number of points.

Anyway I am very interested in knowing people's approaches. It looks like a few people got almost perfect results, so I suspect that bipartite matching is involved somehow.

P.S. Happy New Year everyone!
Post your approach
It seems that the competition is over, but no one is posting their approach.

I didn't compete, because I couldn't find an effective method for creating loops. Although I did find a decent method for creating long paths. I used simulated annealing with local-level scoring. You get a point if there are two adjacent tiles whose paths match and colours differ. The task is to maximise the total number of points.

Anyway I am very interested in knowing people's approaches. It looks like a few people got almost perfect results, so I suspect that bipartite matching is involved somehow.