JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables Talk to CAB (Community Advisory Board) Re: Expectations from CAB Members Revision History (2 edits)
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by alegro)
I agree that there is no Marathon member in the new team, but the website problems and inconvenients seem to affect more tracks and have been widely discussed.

About the Marathon participation level, in the last 2 years or so, I see good moves from Topcoder, like fun matches return, more sponsored matches, introduction of result submission format and the great addition of an experienced member as admin ([Jaco]).

Despite of all these actions, we still have too few competitors in most of the matches. I would say that an important part for many people was the discussions after the match, checking other solutions, etc. Due to new website, people spend less time here and many eventually gave up. Also new potential competitors found it confuse and most of them don't go further enough to learn about MM...

I will follow your suggestion and start a thread in MM forum so we can give ideas of practical actions that can help improving the track.
I agree that there is no Marathon member in the new team, but the website problems and inconvenients seem to affect more tracks and have been widely discussed.

About the Marathon participation level, in the last 2 years or so, I see good moves from Topcoder, like fun matches return, more sponsored matches, introduction of result submission format and the great addition of an experienced member as admin ([Jaco]).

Despite of all these actions, we still have too few competitors in most of the matches. I would say that an important part for many people was the discussions after the match, checking other solutions, etc. Due to new website, people spend less time here and many eventually gave up. Also new potential competitors found it confuse and most of them don't go further enough to learn about MM...

About the Marathon participation level, in the last 2 years or so, I see good moves from Topcoder, like fun matches return, more sponsored matches, introduction of result submission format and the great addition of an experienced member as admin (Jaco).

Despite of all this actions, we still have too few competitors in most of the matches. I would say that an important part for many people was the discussions after the match, checking other solutions, etc. Due to new website, people spend less time here and many eventually gave up...