JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions ignore thread Revision History (3 edits)
ignore thread
-
Technical Interviews
Hi,

I am a first time user of TC. I signed up in hopes of learning more about algorithm, and get some more coding experience on TC.

I am currently applying for a job, but I am extremely stressed out by technical interview questions. It's not that I can't program (graduated with a GPA close to 4.0), it's just I am not used to programming without a compiler or reference book. I read through some practice interview questions from other sites, and sometimes I stumble on simple things such as what is inheritance, encapsulation, or polymorphism? I know what they are, and how to use it for practical programming purpose, but I can't remember the definition or give a clear and concise definition to it.

Has anyone experience something like this? How do you feel about programmers who doesn't remember terms/vocabulary, but knows their concepts very well?
Technical Interviews
Hi,

I am a first time user of TC,. I signed up in hopes of learning more about algorithm, and get some more coding experience on TC.

I am currently applying for a job, but I am extremely stressed out by technical interview questions. It's not that I can't program (graduated with a GPA close to 4.0), it's just I am not used to programming without a compiler or reference book. I read through some practice interview questions from other sites, and sometimes I stumble on simple things such as what is inheritance, encapsulation, or polymorphism? I know what they are, and how to use it for practical programming purpose, but I can't remember the definition or give a clear and concise definition to it.

Has anyone experience something like this? How do you feel about programmers who doesn't remember terms/vocabulary, but knows their concepts very well?
Technical Interviews
Hi,

I am a first time user of TC, but signed up in hopes of learning more about algorithm.