JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums TopCoder Cookbook General TopCoder Cookbook Discussion Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) Revision History (2 edits)
Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) (response to post by Nickolas)
Wait, so this Cookbook won't be free? :( I thought it was going to be more of a free/open source/member driven project with the goal of writing a giant guide full of general programming information/algorithms. Similar to the tutorial section but more organized. I guess I was mistaken...

*sigh* any idea how much it's going to cost?

Edit1: I guess I could try contributing to get a free copy, I gotta allocate some time for it first lol

Edit2: nevertheless, it feels weird having TopCoder milk our collective knowledge like that and sell it back to us for a profit...
Wait, so this Cookbook won't be free? :( I thought it was going to be more of a free/open source/member driven project with the goal of writing a giant guide full of general programming information/algorithms. Similar to the tutorial section but more organized. I guess I was mistaken...

Edit: I guess I could try contributing to get a free copy, I gotta allocate some time for it first lol