JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Cool Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Cool (response to post by dimkadimon)
I would say if the reason is explained the rejected applicant could as possibly be more bitter than less bitter, if he disagrees with that reason.
BTW, imagine you're advertising a position. You have several applicants, and it is a lot like competition - you're not guaranteed to win by doing good at interview, someone might come along who did as well or better and has longer experience in the industry. It gets tough during any shrinkage when the experienced programmers end up losing jobs, then you're competing for spots with programmers whom proven themselves and businesses are not willing to take the risk. You need to just keep trying. See how TC does it; when they need something done, they ask everyone in the huge community, and find someone willing to do the work. You're not so bad a candidate, you won't need to ask hundreds thousands companies, but you'll need to ask dozens.
Re: Cool (response to post by dimkadimon)
I would say if the reason is explained the rejected applicant could as possibly be more bitter than less bitter, if he disagrees with that reason.
BTW, imagine you're advertising a position. You have several applicants, and it is a lot like competition - you're not guaranteed to win by doing good at interview, someone might come along who did as well or better and has longer experience in the industry. It gets tough during any shrinkage when the experienced programmers end up losing jobs, then you're competing for spots with programmers whom proven themselves and businesses are not willing to take the risk. You need to just keep trying. See how TC does it; when they need something done, they ask everyone in the huge community, and find someone willing to do the work. You're not so bad, you won't need to ask hundreds thousands companies, but you'll need to ask dozens.