JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? (response to post by dmytry)
It happens that a coder thinks he done the work and buyer doesn't think so, then RAC acts as arbiter.
Yeah, we all know how it works. After long arguing you may be awarded half of the initial payment.
One thing I like about tc is that it's on one side with coders, you don't have consider a possibility that managers will dump you.

and should your solution not be accepted, buyer won't have right to use your code, which ensures that buyers don't usually turn down code that meets the requirements
I don't have any statistics on this, but it sounds just naive. Considering what significant ratio of jobs posted is about cloning some (copyrighted) web portal, I doubt many clients there will be able to resist temptation to just dump a coder.

has approximately same number of coders
I don't know how you count, but let's not mix 'algorithm' coders and people who actually deal with software.
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? (response to post by dmytry)
It happens that a coder thinks he done the work and buyer doesn't think so, then RAC acts as arbiter.
Yeah, we all know how it works. After long arguing you may be awarded half of the initial reward.
One thing I like about tc is that it's on one side with coders, you don't have consider a possibility that managers will dump you.

and should your solution not be accepted, buyer won't have right to use your code, which ensures that buyers don't usually turn down code that meets the requirements
I don't have any statistics on this, but it sounds just naive. Considering what significant ratio of jobs posted is about cloning some (copyrighted) web portal, I doubt many clients there will be able to resist temptation to just dump a coder.

has approximately same number of coders
I don't know how you count, but let's not mix 'algorithm' coders and people who actually deal with software.