JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? Revision History (4 edits)
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? (response to post by AjJi)
"Besides that, RentACoder does not guarantee that you'll get the money even if you "win" the project (win here means get accepted to work, and do the work)"
It happens that a coder thinks he done the work and buyer doesn't think so, then RAC acts as arbiter. A win on RAC is choosing a good project, completing it, and having your solution accepted - or winning the arbitration (and should your solution not be accepted, buyer won't have right to use your code, which ensures that buyers don't usually turn down code that meets the requirements).

For the admins, I agree that RAC admins don't work so closely with people - there again they have two to three orders of magnitude larger participation, it is impossible for them to have the level of close admin interaction which you see here and which appears essential for TC model.
The topic of this thread, is explicitly a question, whenever RAC could implement TC's model. My opinion is, it can not; it has approximately same number of coders but two to three orders of magnitude more projects to be done - and it's not just the number of projects itself but ratio of number of projects to size of community. They plain have smaller crowd/sourcing ratio in their crowdsourcing.

edit: and I'm not saying that RAC is better than TC or that TC is better than RAC. I guess that depends very much to particular coder.
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? (response to post by AjJi)
"Besides that, RentACoder does not guarantee that you'll get the money even if you "win" the project (win here means get accepted to work, and do the work)"
It happens that a coder thinks he done the work and buyer doesn't think so, then RAC acts as arbiter. A win on RAC is choosing a good project, completing it, and having your solution accepted - or winning the arbitration (and should your solution not be accepted, buyer won't have right to use your code, which ensures that buyers don't usually turn down code that meets the requirements).

For the admins, I agree that RAC admins don't work so closely with people - there again they have two to three orders of magnitude larger participation, it is impossible for them to have the level of close admin interaction which you see here and which appears essential for TC model.
The topic of this thread, is explicitly a question, whenever RAC could implement TC's model. My opinion is, it can not; it has approximately same number of coders but two to three orders of magnitude more projects to be done - and it's not just the number of projects itself but ratio of number of projects to size of community. They plain have smaller crowd/sourcing ratio in their crowdsourcing.

The topic of this thread, is explicitly a question, whenever RAC could implement TC's model. My opinion is, it can not; it has approximately same number of coders but two to three orders of magnitude more projects to be done - and it's not just the number of projects itself but ratio of number of projects to size of community.

For the admins, I agree that RAC admins don't work so closely with people - there again they have two to three orders of magnitude larger participation, it is impossible for them to have the level of close admin participation which you see here and which appears essential for TC model.
The topic of this thread, is explicitly a question, whenever RAC could implement TC's model. My opinion is, it can not; it has approximately same number of coders but two to three orders of magnitude more projects to be done - and it's not just the number of projects itself but ratio of number of projects to size of community.
It happens that a coder thinks he done the work and buyer doesn't think so, then RAC acts as arbiter.

For the admins, I agree that RAC admins don't work so closely with people - there again they have two to three orders of magnitude larger participation, it is impossible for them to have the level of close admin participation which you see here and which appears essential for TC model.