JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables External Competitions Re: ICPC Regional Manila 2009 problems were too Easy? Regional problemset verifications? Revision History (1 edit)
Re: ICPC Regional Manila 2009 problems were too Easy? Regional problemset verifications? (response to post by felix_halim)
Try the Greater New York region problems. 8 teams (possibly 9, I didn't stay for the awards ceremony) finished the 9 problems (including my team, Cooper 2). Standings/solutions/data are not up yet, but see how easy those problem statements are (a next permutation problem (E) when almost everyone uses c++...yeah that'll stump them...)! I had three problems correct by myself in 12 minutes. The first one has always been easy because organizers wanted everyone to be able to solve at least one problem, but this was truly ridiculous! And all teams had 2 computers to boot. I think the top 2 teams finished under 2 hrs, mostly because G and H can take a bit of time to implement.

The test data will probably be a lot easier than it could (should?) have been, especially for the Running Median problem (in the contest, the naive n*2 * log(n) sort_every_iteration solution passed instantly though n = 9999 for enough cases would have been enough to force that to time out).

Too bad I got fixated on using bad convex hull code early instead of doing other problems...
Re: ICPC Regional Manila 2009 problems were too Easy? Regional problemset verifications? (response to post by felix_halim)
Try the Greater New York region problems. 8 teams (possibly 9, I didn't stay for the awards ceremony) finished the 9 problems (including my team, Cooper 2). Standings/solutions/data are not up yet, but see how easy those problem statements are (a next permutation problem (E) when almost everyone uses c++...yeah that'll stump them...)! I had three problems correct by myself in 12 minutes. The first one has always been easy because organizers wanted everyone to be able to solve at least one problem, but this was truly ridiculous! And all teams had 2 computers to boot. I think the top 2 teams finished under 2 hrs, mostly because G and H can take a bit of time to implement.

Too bad I got fixated on using bad convex hull code early instead of doing other problems...