JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Career Advice C++, C# or Java Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Career Advice C++, C# or Java (response to post by gautamverma)
You probably need to finish your Software Design and Development classes first before you can understand materials in Development or Design competition on TopCoder. These classes will teach you how to read the software documents, how to work as a team, how to use CVS (Control Version System, basically to manage your team's source code), etc.

If you would like to do some simple software or program, what I did is googling some basic tutorials. Like when I wanted to study J2EE, I searched for J2EE simple Hello World Project. There will be some useful links showing you what softwares you need, what the steps to develop a software are, etc. After that, you create your own simple project (manage your classes, manage topcoder problems??) and work on it. While working on these projects, you will get more experiences on how to develop a good software or how to manage projects.
Re: Career Advice C++, C# or Java (response to post by gautamverma)
You probably need to finish your Software Design and Development classes first before you can understand in Development or Design competition on TopCoder. These classes will teach you how to read the software documents, how to work as a team, how to use CVS (Control Version System, basically to manage your team's source code), etc.

If you would like to do some simple software or program, what I did is googling some basic tutorials. Like when I wanted to study J2EE, I searched for J2EE simple Hello World Project. There will be some useful links showing you what softwares you need, what the steps to develop a software are, etc. After that, you create your own simple project (manage your classes, manage topcoder problems??) and work on it. While working on these projects, you will get more experiences on how to develop a good software or how to manage projects.