JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Google Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Google (response to post by mogers)
That must be wrong, or at least incredibly ineffective. To be effective, a person needs eight hours of sleep per day. Assuming a non-zero commute time, this is problematic. If the average is sixteen hours, that assumes some variation, so you can assume some percentage of days the people the people at Google would be performing pretty sub-par. (There was a study a while back showing the drop in productivity as soon as you drop below about seven hours is pretty dramatic.)

This is not even to mention that there is diminishing returns on effectiveness of hours if there is no "downtime." Some people claim the diminishing returns happen after nine hours, but I personally usually have excellent productivity in the morning, but my brain is toast by about 3 PM.
Re: Google (response to post by mogers)
That must be wrong, or at least incredibly ineffective. To be effective, a person needs eight hours of sleep per day. Assuming a non-zero commute time, this is problematic. If the average is sixteen hours, that assumes some variation, so you can assume some percentage of days the people the people at Google would be performing pretty sub-par.

This is not even to mention that there is diminishing returns on effectiveness of hours if there is no "downtime." Some people claim the diminishing returns happen after nine hours, but I personally usually have excellent productivity in the morning, but my brain is toast by about 3 PM.