JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums News, Programs & Events Discussions 2016 Topcoder Open Re: Leaderboards are Up! Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Leaderboards are Up! (response to post by jmpld40)
Hi, I have a question:

What does "If more than five (5) submissions pass review..." mean? (Scoring in the Competition is determined based on the final ranking for a Contestant’s submission )

Is "pass review" the number of submissions in "final submissions" or is the number of submissions with a prize (declared as winners)? This question is important because affects placement.

For example, wireframe contests use to have 5 or more final submitters and I'm only seeing points given to winners, for the two or three winners... is this correct? In that case there are some situations that I don't understand how are you taking them into account, I'm not sure those are distinguished right now:

What if in a contest....

- ... there are three contest prizes (final prizes), 5 final submissions, and only two submissions were declared as winners (had a prize)? (3 prizes, 5 submissions, 2 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 5 final submissions, and three submissions were declared as winners (had a prize)? (3 prizes, 5 submissions, 3 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 3 final submissions and all of them had a prize? (3 prizes, 3 submissions, 3 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 2 final submissions and all of them had a prize? (3 prizes, 2 submissions, 2 winners)

If the prizes where 1600, 600, 300 what percentage of points are you giving in each case?

Thanks!
Re: Leaderboards are Up! (response to post by jmpld40)
Hi, I have a question:

What does "If more than five (5) submissions pass review..." mean?

Is "pass review" the number of submissions in "final submissions" or is the number of submissions with a prize (declared as winners)? This question is important because affects placement.

There are some situations that I don't understand how are you taking them into account, I'm not sure those are distinguished right now:

What if in a contest....

- ... there are three contest prizes (final prizes), 5 final submissions, and only two submissions where declared as winners (had a prize)? (3 prizes, 5 submissions, 2 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 5 final submissions, and three submissions where declared as winners (had a prize)? (3 prizes, 5 submissions, 3 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 3 final submissions and all of them had a prize? (3 prizes, 3 submissions, 3 winners)

- ... there are three prizes, 2 final submissions and all of them had a prize? (3 prizes, 2 submissions, 2 winners)

If the prizes where 1600, 600, 300 what percentage of points are you giving in each case?

Thanks!