So you've taken your best shot at some of TopCoder's algorithm problems, and you've got some ideas for interesting problems you'd like to see in competition. What's next? Here's what it takes to write problems for TopCoder:
- 18+ years old
- TopCoder Algorithm rating of at least 1500
- Competed in at least 20 rated TopCoder events
Note: The requirements can be relaxed if your problem ideas are of high quality.
Tips for writers:
- Try to write your problems in such way that they work together as a problem set. For SRMs, we usually try to use all problems from the same writer.
- Individual problems are valuable as well. For example, problemsets for TopCoder Open are normally composed of problems created by different writers.
- You can submit problems as often (or as rarely) as you like - submitting a problem does not commit you to any regular writing schedule.
- You may not participate in any contest in which problems you wrote are being used.
To proceed, just send an email to us at TAlgorithm@topcoder.com. Please provide the relevant information regarding yourself in the email (whether you set problems previously on other judges, couple of examples of your previous problems if you did, what do you think constitutes a good problem, etc.).
- Problem set for SRM: $600 (if no problems are shared), $525 (if D1-Easy is shared with D2-Medium)
- Editorial: $75
- Individual problem: $50 - $150, depending on difficulty level ($75 - $225 for TopCoder Open problems)