JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? | Reply
Bittorrent is going to take forever for the 2.45 Tb one.
A cost ($) estimation of the amazon S3 download would be great. Thanks.
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by antor) | Reply
See section "Data Transfer OUT From Amazon S3 To Internet" at https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by walrus71) | Reply
So... "Up to 10 TB / month $0.090 per GB"... roughly ~3 Tb => $270 to download the whole thing?

If that's the case... it's really a no-go to join the competition... and the torrent is super slow (it's downloading here -Im on a 300+ Mbps fiber conn) @ <200 Kb... so ~200+ days to download :-(
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by antor) | Reply
Currently, the sponsor's baseline solution scores in the top 5 and only use the RGB data set which should only be around $18 to download.
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by kbowerma) | Reply
The torrents for RGB files went smoothly... @ 1-2MB/sec. The torrents for the full set... not so much.
Would it be possible for the organization to provide more BW to seeding the torrent?
I posted a request of smaller data i.e. 390 GB, but no one responded :(
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by tcghanareddy) | Reply
tcghanareddy, I apologize for not responding to your request. We received a similar request previously to package a certain subset of the data, but unfortunately the organizers can't provide this service. I mistakenly thought that this earlier request was public and you learned the response already, but now I realize that this was discussed in mail that obviously you didn't see. Sorry once again.
Re: How much (roughly) does it cost to download the full images (~3Tb) using amazon? (response to post by walrus71) | Reply
FWIW, torrent download speed has improved in the huge one... ~1MB/sec now... still ~22 days to go :-) -> edited... back to sub 100 KB/sec now :(
Internal Error

Your request could not be processed. Please inform TopCoder.