JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]
Re: Horrible site coverage (response to post by mnorouzi) | Reply
How to view full list of marathon challenges of particular member? In old theme there was link from number of marathon challenges in the profile.
Re: Horrible site coverage (response to post by alegro) | Reply
You can either use "Find Members" by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top right part of the screen or go directly to the member's profile using this link and their handle: https://www.topcoder.com/members/[handle]

Once in their profile, click on the marathon rating. That brings you to the statistics page, with the rating graph. At the top, if you select "Challenges" (where "Statistics" is already selected), you'll see a list of the challenges in which they've participated.

As noted in the previous post, clicking on the match name goes to a non-working "match details" page rather than the final results page for the match. This bug is actively being worked on.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I asked about the full list. Let me to explain with an example that is based on my profile. I have competed in 52 MMs, the Rating Graph has 26 points, you pointed me to 20 rectangles (that I was able to see after several pressings of the "LOAD MORE" button). Does your answer mean that half of my Topcoder "biography" disappeared in [topcoder]?

BTW How does someone may use "TOTAL POINTS" values, that are shown in middle of the rectangles? As to me these values are not informative, e.g. why not show resulting placement and number of participants.

I suggest you to look on table from old theme, that I already mentioned, with the full list. The table was useful and easy to use for an observer of performance of MM competitors. If I understand correctly description of the performance is one of key reasons of existence of profiles.
Thanks for clarifying your question!
>> Does your answer mean that half of my Topcoder "biography" disappeared in [topcoder]?
No, your data is safe in TC and this appears to be a bug. Can you please send to support@topcoder.com so the team can investigate and correct the issue with missing data?

Regarding the feedback for the new profile and your inabilty to easily observe the performance of MM competitors, hearing specific usecases like this is extremely valuable for us. I have alerted the members of our R&D team of this thread and they will likely have additional questions and possible updates for you.
This is not a bug, this is a feature that is related to filtration of unrated MMs. I do not see a sense to report about the developed feature. I am sorry about time that you spent in conversation with me, thank you.
@alegro: I can chime in from the R&D side. Regarding the issues you've mentioned:

1. Seeing only 20 MMs on your new profile: Thanks for bringing this up. Taking a look at data for your account, turns out there is definitely some inconsistency in our API which shows you a much lower number of MMs now. Our team is investigating it and I can update you once I have more details. In general, the new profile will show you all your successful MMs.

2. Total points vs Placement & Competitors on MM Card: Good feedback. I've put it on our list of things to improve!

Please keep raising these issues and the feedback coming. We have just started with the newer designs and code, and we want to keep making it better :)
Re: Horrible site coverage (response to post by anuj) | Reply
Let's summarise progress after almost 2 months:

1. I only found one post about TCO from the main page: https://www.topcoder.com/blog/we-have-new-topcoder-open-champions/
I would like to see more posts about such an important event.

2. Still doesn't work

3. Still no ordering

4. This works, but useless without 3.
Re: Horrible site coverage (response to post by anuj) | Reply
Now the profile correctly says 52 competitions, but only 20 of the cards are visible in the challenges section.
Re: Horrible site coverage (response to post by dimkadimon) | Reply
> Now the profile correctly says 52 competitions, but only 20 of the cards are visible

It seems you missed the point "In general, the new profile will show you all your successful MMs". :)

The 20 is number of successful MMs. I guess set of the successful MM's is currently defined as something like "not more than first 20 of a random permutation of MMs".

So the 52, that was there from the beginning, is incorrect and the 20 is fine. :)
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]

RSS