Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 3 4 5 ]    NEXT >
Ugh | Reply
Astonishing match... Who would have bet that Petr would go down and that nemesis_nitt would be 2nd ?

Although I did pretty bad, I definitely loved this problem set.
Congrats to the writer!
Re: Ugh (response to post by broutcha) | Reply
I did pretty bad too...
Maintaining my rating decrease streak...

Petr failed....how bad :(

Congrats to liympanda for winning this match :)
This one would say that nemesis_nitt has 0%:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ad7dxmvgwch_4gcgrr4

Everything is possible :)
Re: Ugh (response to post by quan210) | Reply
and Petr 99.42% ;)
Re: Ugh (response to post by vlad89) | Reply
When I first read this, i thought , wtf?
And congrats to nemesis_nitt... you are simply amazing!
agree with you, great problem set. Although I only tried 2 problems, I found both of them accessible, but not straightforwards. It was as I imagined it would be, but this time was very hard to pass to next round. Anyway, congrats to all the advancers!!!!(specially to wleite, only sudamerican at finals)
I'd also like to congratulate msg555, who has just shown incredible improvement in this season, and finally made red.
There's got to be more to nemesis_nitt's amazing performances - it's not like he'd only done one match before the TCO, he's been consistently grey/green - in fact his pre-TCO graph looks a bit like mine! Maybe he's spent months doing nothing but train for this? Anyway, TC definitely need to do an interview with him as I'm sure I'm not the only one who want's to know "how do I go from Div2 to the TCO finals".
Re: Ugh (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
Yes, of course there's more to it, and that's why admins have already been notified.
My favorite conspiracy theory here is: the only reason to have 20 unsuccessful matches in a row and then start beating targets is to buy your own shares. How many SRMs do you need do appear on TCX? :)
Examining his solutions, it appears that sometime after the quals he suddenly understood how to encapulate things in functions, write quick short memoized/dp solutions, and reduce the number of lines in his program by half. These are kind of discrete things, so it's at least moderately plausible to me that he just really stepped up the training effort. It is strange though.
Re: Ugh (response to post by elhipercubo) | Reply
I for one think that these accusations are entirely baseless.
Re: Ugh (response to post by tomek) | Reply
Well, he has consistently showed, in his first 20 matches, that he finds trouble even solving simple Div 2 500 problems. Do you actually think one could go from such a consistently bad performance in trivial problems to placing 2nd in TCO R4 in under a month?
Re: Ugh (response to post by elhipercubo) | Reply
Yes.
Re: Ugh (response to post by tomek) | Reply
Care to explain your answer? Did he have his brain replaced or what?
[ 1 2 3 4 5 ]    NEXT >

RSS