Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 3 4 5 ]    NEXT >
More Random Stats | Reply
I created a quick little extra stats site at http://iadjust3.scm.ca/tcstats

New feature: In my efforts to make the site unusable, I've added a very slow new section that shows your last 20 performances. The interesting bit is the "performed as" number, which is your rating as it would be for just that one match. Marvel to see whether you've ever performed like a red! Be thankful for the ratings cap as you see your worst performances! Wait forever while the page loads!

Explanation for Stats Junkies: The number is based on what your rating would be if you started with a rating of 1200 and then had this performance 30 times. For the simulation, volatility is locked at 337 (otherwise it gets low fast, which messes up the numbers). There is no regard for weighting or the change cap. (Thanks dskloet for bringing up concerns with how I was calculating previously).
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by jmzero) | Reply
Is it down?
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by rrenaud) | Reply
Should be up now. Is it giving you an error?
Server not found.
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
Hmm.. thanks. Looks like some kind of DNS propagation problem perhaps. I can "Google Translate" the page fine, but other sites don't seem to be recognizing that host name.

I'll see what I can do (or perhaps just move it to a different server).
Nice, for stats for me...

Random Accomplishments: Is a great coder (rating 1727)

Relative Performance vs. Peers
Stat Easy (250) Medium (500) Hard (1000)
Success Very Poor Very Poor Below Average
Speed Below Average Poor Poor
Overall Below Average Poor Below Average

So basically. I suck and I am great.
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by rrenaud) | Reply
Lol - that's pretty harsh. Normally you'd only see that if your rating had really tanked during the period. For each round it evaluates you against people rated similar to you during that round. As your rating has stayed pretty much the same over 30 SRMs, perhaps you provide some kind of inspiration for your rivals to out-perform you...
Nice stats for me:-
Stat Easy (250) Medium (500) Hard (1000)
Success Very Poor Above Average Strong

It shows me strong at 1000 :D I have rarely solved any 1000 pointer. And 250s are the ones that I have solved most.

Keep up the good work!
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by dhoni) | Reply
Well, it's relative. If you ever solve the 1000, you're doing better than most blues. I also may be messing something up when you cross back and forth divisions. I'll look at that.
Nice :)

I love Random Accomplishments :)

Stat Easy (250)
Success Above Average
Speed Above Average
Overall Above Average

Somehow this is not so much of a surprise :)
Re: More Random Stats (response to post by antimatter) | Reply
Above average speed?! That's a bug. There should be a separate category for you.
Somehow I was not tempted to test your page for a long time. But when I checked, I have become an addict.
I would say this a super cool site and everyone should try it. I want to give +1000 to you. Well done!
Hmm, here's an odd one:

Placed 12th overall during TCO05 Wildcard

On the surface, that sounds good, until one realizes that there were only sixteen in that round. :) Maybe your random accomplishments list should take into account percentile?
+1 for the effort.

Another odd one:
Ranks 167th among Java coders from India

My country rank is actually 167th right now and I don't think all the 166 Indian coders above me on the ranklist are using Java.
[ 1 2 3 4 5 ]    NEXT >

RSS