JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
compare rating graphs | Reply
I made something to compare rating graphs.
Have a look at http://topcoder.manabase.com/graph.php if you're interested.

Please don't post those images on the forums; I have limited bandwidth.
Edit: Of course there's no problem if you mirror the images somewhere else.
Re: compare rating graphs (response to post by dskloet) | Reply
This is spectacular, and fun. :-)
cool
Real beauty, thanks
Miraculous.
Wow, it let me discover some strange and powerful force that is allowing me to increase my ranking only if HiltonLange decreases his.
Heh, nice example query. We're going to have everyone thinking we're the hottest rivalry in TopCoder since John Dethridge and radeye.

On the subject of slex's comment about him and HiltonLange, a conversation to that effect occurred between dskloet and I in the arena one day, and I think that's actually why we started noticing our performance relative to each other. We observed that for a streak of 10 or so matches where we both didn't do well at the same time (or maybe we only did once or twice). Our theory at the time was that dskloet's advantage over me is a deeper algorithmic knowledge that allows him to solve more difficult problems consistently (I've been practicing a bit more since then and I think I'm doing better there now) and I generally have the edge on speed for the easier problems (for those of you who never find div 1 500's "easy", I'm really talking about 500s that are easier to figure out as much as I'm talking about 250s).

Then we both jumped into the red zone in SRM 312, and I'm not sure we're so complimentary since then. Perhaps now we perform about the same most of the time, and perhaps I still do better if the problems are easier or I have an abnormally good challenge phase.
Re: compare rating graphs (response to post by Kawigi) | Reply
and I'm not sure we're so complimentary since then.

Yeah, you've been pretty snarky and making snide remarks about each other.
No, wait... ;-)
Amazing! Thanks a lot!
I made a command line / gui tool to generate graphs like this earlier this year (which I used to generate the graphs I linked to in this thread). After seeing this thread I decided to modify mine to be web based too, so here it is.

Note: I don't have a local database of coder and/or match data, so if you're the first person to include a particular coder in a rating graph (or the first in a few days since it will refresh the data) it might take a little while to download the data feeds before it displays the graph.

Edit: Also, at the moment the line colours are just based on rating so it can get a little confusing to work out which line is which. The gui and commandline versions were a lot more configurable and allowed colours to be set for each person. I'll update this version to use different colours soon.
Re: compare rating graphs (response to post by aussie) | Reply
There seems to be a bug during searching a coder's handle.

e.g.
http://www.mmcmullen.com/tcchart/?auror

Nice chart :)
Nice chart. Why did you export it as a jpeg? The format doesn't seem very suitable.

I changed mine into an SVG and added links to the round information. And you can now specify colors like this: http://topcoder.manabase.com/graph.php?Petr=purple&ACRush=green
Re: compare rating graphs (response to post by ilham) | Reply
This is fixed.
I tried a few different formats and with some it was throwing an exception for some reason which I couldn't figure out, and for the ones that worked jpeg seemed the best.

By the way, yours is giving an error now with coders that have '=' in their handle, e.g. pet=rani. Edit: I just realised there aren't actually any rated members with handles like that so it probably doesn't matter much.
pet%3Drani would work if he was rated.
RSS