forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]    NEXT >
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by NeverMore) | Reply
I feel so empty.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Pops) | Reply
"you can forgo whatever benefits they offer and get ones that really are customized to you."

This is almost never possible for full-time employees. Often, the benefits are "part of" your compensation and you cannot say "don't give me free health insurance benefits and give me $2k/yr more salary".
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by dplass) | Reply
A company will always allow you to take no health insurance (usually because the person may be covered by another employer). I didn't say in trade for more salary (although I will admit that I've negotiated that successfully before) - what I meant was that for the salary stated above, you should easily be able to afford your own benefits rather than the employer's benefits (regardless if they are good or not).
what I meant was that for the salary stated above...
You mean "below", right? Don't tell me you scroll down every time you want to see a new post.
OK, I understand, and agree.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by harvey6ft) | Reply
As others say this is a very attractive position.
If I was eligible I would seriously consider it.
Becoming a yellow TC member would probably be easier than those other location based things. And I would have to say good bye to abstract math presumably.
Probably that won't happen until someone says I'm perfect for that job (which is not true I suppose).
kfas
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
lol - I actually do. Seems more natural for me (although my wrist would probably disagree greatly)!
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by harvey6ft) | Reply
1. Yes, this is very attractive position.
2. I always do "check the box" indicating that it's ok with me to hear from one of the TC placement agents, but unfortunately no placement agent ever did contact me.
3. I do check the page sometimes, but I'm not sure what to do with it? TC already has my resume, so I think that TC may contact me any time they like, or not? It is stated " Just register here and TopCoder will contact you about temporary and permanent positions that fit your skills." But TopCoder do not contact me, so what shall I do if I see an attractive position? Nothing, I suggest :)
$400,000!?

I hope that an extra zero found its way in there somehow.
Don't tell me you scroll down every time you want to see a new post.

Don't tell me you read posts in the wrong order whenever there's been more than one since the last time you visited the page... ;)

Reading from top to bottom makes a lot more sense to me than reading down a bit, then jumping up to above where I started and reading down again, etc.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by aussie) | Reply
Thouse folks are on other part of Earth. Everything is reversed top-to-bottom for them ;-)
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by aussie) | Reply
Don't tell me you read posts in the wrong order whenever there's been more than one since the last time you visited the page... ;)

No, it's the right order (think about a stack that's never popped ;-) ).

I don't have to scroll, I see the most important messages first.

I got this custom from reading newsgrups. When I started some 6-7 years ago, newsreaders didn't save folder preferences, so I would have to scroll through thousands of messages just to get to fresh ones. Now Mozilla Thunderbird saves position even when you leave a group (but not if you turn the newsreader off), but still it's not that convenient.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by rrenaud) | Reply
Nope - did my masters on the finances of college costs over the various different plans using my own kids as the subjects. By the time they are of college age, assuming a historical inflation rate on college expenses and assuming a middle high college cost over 4 years - it comes out to be about $400,000 I'll need to have saved to fully pay for all college costs for all my kids (room , board, etc).
Use Agent or Free Agent instead - much better newsgroup reader...
No, thanks, I'm almost cured now and don't want to start again ;-)
Internal Error

Your request could not be processed. Please inform TopCoder.